I Need Another Skein

The True Tale of a Novice Texas Knitter who admits to loving yarn more than she loves knitting...

Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Sunday, May 20, 2007

What to do with nervous energy...

So, some of you know - but most don't - that I've been walking with a cane for the last month or so. The hip has finally gotten to the point where I can't stand the pain - and walking is definitely much easier with it - so I've faced the music and have been using the wretched thing probably 75% of the time.

Long story short - I go in tomorrow for a hip resurfacing - if they can't do it, they'll do a total replacement. At my age - 40 - we are keeping fingers crossed for the resurfacing. (Hey, me and Floyd Landis (Tour de France winner) ...hip buddies) In any case - beginning tomorrow at 10:30 or so, there will be a whole new life for me...things will be slow at first - and painful - but it will be a new kind of pain - and eventually, a brand new life with lots of possibilities.

So...thus the nervous energy...

So...what do I do with nervous energy?

...well, this time, I made dishcloths - that's what.


The Infamous DW cloth


And then two random cloths - one is the waffle pattern and one is a takeoff of the Horcrux zig zag - just 'cause I liked that pattern on those socks. (Yes, there are two design elements in there...have no clue what I was thinking there. I must have YO'd on a purl side. Oh well - it's just going to clean my grimy dishes...so it'll do!

Til I get back from the hospital - y'all have a great week!

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Knotty said...

Best wishes tomorrow - you'll be in my thoughts.

-Miss K.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I woke up this morning thinking about you and am keeping you in my thoughts today. I will call tomorrow to check on you. I think you will be happy you did this - your hip will be so much better.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes well.

Your Secret Pal

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just heard your surgery went well.
I'll continue to pray for you!
Ronda

5:09 PM  
Blogger Knitting Rose said...

You are a dishcloth knitting fool! I hope you are feeling better after the surgery - I can't wait to see how well you feel (once you have recouped).
BTW - you are tagged (if you have the energy).
:)

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home