I Need Another Skein

The True Tale of a Novice Texas Knitter who admits to loving yarn more than she loves knitting...

Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Monday, April 23, 2007

Another April FO

I finally finished another something - a pair of socks that I've worked on for about a month and a half.



They are done using the Nasturtium pattern from Kristen at Through The Loops. (Happy Blogiversary, Kristen!) I used one of the skeins of yarn that I dyed in my dyeing class at Simpatico back in February. It had shorter yardage - 280 yds - so I wanted to do a shorter pair of socks and these fit the bill! Great pattern - a good kind of easy for a beginning sock knitter. (And, thankfully, done on 2 circs so I didn't have to do math.)

I do love the sock knitting, though - just bought More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlotte Schurch and am waiting on the delivery of Favorite Socks by Ann Budd and Anne Merrow. And I got the Yarn Harlot's books - The Yarn Harlot and Casts Off. Hopefully her stories will inspire more sock knitting.

Also had a dyeing day on Saturday. This time we used the acid dyes and I can definitely tell that I will love Love LOVE the results with using them with the superwash. The colors are so incredible!!



The favorites that I did were these two:


(which my friends call Safari - and my hubby calls Army Brat)

And this one:



For which I have no name - but I'm sure Dawn or Lise or Someone will come up with one for me! ;)

I've ordered a ball winder and a swift - so hopefully I can get these in this week and then next weekend play with reskeining them to see what they "really" look like!

Now...to take off these socks. It's Texas and April, by gum - which means wool socks are HOT. UGH!

But they sure are pretty!!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

it makes me think of a Spring Day, so that's my name suggestion. :) Nothing as entertaining as "Circus Freak" but... well, there you go. :) eheh

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks! I have yet to finish my first pair of socks... that's one thing that is just not for me it seems! I love the yarn, very pretty.

Your secret pal

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great and I do love all the hand dyed yarn - Safari is so cool - I am glad you can do browns now.

7:06 AM  
Blogger bitsy8 said...

Great job on the socks and yarn. I love all the pretty colors.

Sue

2:20 PM  
Blogger QueSarah said...

Wow! Great dye job - they all look fabulous! Your socks look really awesome too!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Knitting Rose said...

Ok - I love Safari - but the other one - I think is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!! I am thinking of the name - Buttercups & BlueBonnets - or Butter n' Bluebonnets. It just looks absolutely like a Texas/Waco countryside. The Big Texan says it is Country Sunshine. It is very Monet-esque. I love it!!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Salaam & Shanti Bariatric Yoga said...

Liz the yarn is beautimous. Don't forget to dye one in greens and browns.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Amazing! Now we know why the pros use acid instead of KoolAid, eh? Your socks look great too!

While that last skein reminds me of some tie-dye curtains I had in Mwanza, Tanzania, they don't actually look African so I'm gonna have to go with "Meadowlark". You know, blue sky, green field, yellow bird.

8^D

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been a busy girl!
That last skein I was thinking along the same lines as Lise... Bluebonnet Sunshine.
Add a little bit of brown in there and it could be Bluebonnets and Brown Eyed Susans....
Heck, just call Texas Spring! LOL

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home