I Need Another Skein

The True Tale of a Novice Texas Knitter who admits to loving yarn more than she loves knitting...

Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I have a SUPER Secret Pal...

...well, she's not so secret since I saw her drop it off - but my DFW Chicks with Sticks group has had a neat swap this February - and I got gifted GOOD - from the Knitting Fairy herself!!



Beautiful hand dyed yarn, a row counter bracelet, a Cherry Tree Hill sock pattern called Brickyard Joe Socks (which is so funny just 'cause they are lacy socks called Brickyard Joe!), a dark chocolate bunny* (YUM!) and one of those cool tool bags that I've been wanting!!

And you see those cute little things at the bottom???



PENGUIN Stitch markers!!!

I love Love LOVE it all!!

Thanks, Knitting Fairy! For being the Best (Not so) Secret Pal ever!!


*I walked into the house with a bag FULL of yarn - some that I'd bought and some that I'd been gifted - and all Alek said was, "Is that CHOCOLATE???" That's my man!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Rose said...

YOU are sooo lucky! I love everything!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Tasha said...

What a great pal! Those are the cutest stitch markers.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - look how cute Sabine is!!! I do love those penguin stitch markers.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Knitting Rose said...

BTW - my new name is jealousy.
You get the prettiest yarn and you DYE the prettiest yarn EVER!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Hi Liz.... I have just spent the last 2 hours reading your blog from start to finish... I finally had the LB surgery 15 days ago.

I have been writing a blog for a couple of years on and off, and reall got motivated to write it more regularly when decided to have surgery.

I would REALLY like to know how you are getting on. PLEASE UPDATE YORU BLOG... You told us to beg you in a previous post!!! :o)

I have had completely different route to you, maybe you want to read it one day?

http://weightloss-expedition.blogspot.com/

I am from Cambridgeshire, England and I opted to have my surgery in Belgium for financial reasons. I paid for it myself and it cost just under $8000 for the whole package (surgery, hotel, travel etc)

I would love to keep in touch, because we dont have any support groups around here, so its just me and another girl who had surgery same day as me.

PLEASE update yoru blog, as I would REALLY love to know how you are doing.

I have lost exactly 14lbs so far in 15 days.

Thanks for writing your blog. Its given me inspiration,

Bunny
xxx

4:06 PM  
Blogger Julie in Texas said...

Beautiful package....your secret pal outdid herself.

I must agree with Lise, you dye some awesome yarn.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home