I Need Another Skein

The True Tale of a Novice Texas Knitter who admits to loving yarn more than she loves knitting...

Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Is it Friday Yet??

I am so ready for this weekend.

The gals I went on the retreat with back in March are all going back to the scene of the crime for a Summer retreat this weekend. This time we are having a retreat-long class on how to do a top down baby cardigan - taught by our Knitting Fairy. I got some of the new Berroco Comfort in the Berry Mix colorway so I can make the cardigan for my new goddaughter.

I am 90% of the way through the Lady Eleanor shawl from Scarf Style - I only seem to knit on it when I am at the Tuesday Night Knit Night in Lewisville - 'cause their AC is set on Stun most of the time - otherwise, working on a 100% wook shawl/stole in 165 degree Texas weather is just not for me.

In sock news, I have officially cast on for the RPM socks from Knitty (Summer 2006 issue). I'm using Socks that Rock in the Mystic Kelp colorway. It's kind of cool how they are knitting up - will get pics this weekend - 'cause the RPM pattern spirals down the sock one way - but the color pooling/striping is spiraling down the opposite direction. Part of me thinks it would be cool to have it all spiral together - but the part of me that doesn't like matchy-matchy socks loves that it is opposite!

In dyeing news, I played with some new yarn this weekend - Licorice Twist - and really like the outcome. It has three plys and one of the plys takes up dye completely different from the other two - so there's a twisty effect in it. I swatched with some this week at my Tuesday night group just to see what it would look like and really like it! And it knits up very easily. The color that I was playing with was red with blue and gray - and I think I'll be making the Calorimetry from Knitty (Winter 2006) with it since I'm wanting to do some short row stuff.

Will post more - with pictures - after the weekend.

(Yes, we've warned Rose Path Weaving that we are on our way!!)

p.s. - if anyone knows how to make my sidebar pictures and text appear up here at top and not way down there - let me know. It's driving me crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home