I Need Another Skein

The True Tale of a Novice Texas Knitter who admits to loving yarn more than she loves knitting...

Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Saturday, July 07, 2007

I frighten myself...

Just a short year ago, I saw someone doing the Lady Eleanor Entrelac shawl/wrap and thought, "I'll never do that!!" Now I am and am loving it...

Just a few short months ago, I sat with Alissa and Manda at the Fiber Fest and said, "I can never do a sweater..." Alissa said, "Sure you can!" and I said, "No...don't have the patience."

But now I look at that Lady E that I'm almost 2/3 of the way through (pics to follow) and I said, "This has got to be as many stitches as a sweater..." (Becky and Blogless Betty say MORE.)

And then today, I was at Half Price Books and got a bunch of books to look through while drinking my java and when I got to the table and sat down, noticed that every single book was a SWEATER book.

I frighten myself...and must now go cast on Socks...

...which I also said I'd never do.

This will be my 5th pair...

7 Comments:

Blogger Manda said...

Never say never!! :D

4:56 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Yep, Manda said it! I have a friend who constantly tells me, "That's not hard. You can do it. No problem."

4:14 AM  
Blogger KnittingFairy said...

You Can Do It!!!!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - that shawl is amazing and you are knittng it very quickly. I think a sweater would even go more quickly - lol - that entrelac is way more work than a sweater!!!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

I'm with ya - I'm scared too over the sock thing - now - which sweater will she make?????

9:53 AM  
Blogger Knitting Rose said...

Sniff! I am so proud. I think it is wonderful. You are a knitting fool and you will have a beautiful 'Lady E' at the end.
Yeah for you!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Liz! Annie here again! I'm like you: If I've done more complicated stuff, then I should be able to complete a sweater! I have one in progress that I'm mad at right now because the sleeve is too big. The only advice that I can give you is not to pick a sweater pattern that's too easy. If it's too easy, you'll have vast expanses of stockinette stitch that can get boring REAL quick. That's why my sweater is a 2 year old WIP. =D

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home