I Need Another Skein

The True Tale of a Novice Texas Knitter who admits to loving yarn more than she loves knitting...

Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Monday, October 15, 2007

Middle-aged Mutant Knitting Woman

So...the good news is that my hip is healing fabulously! Everything right on time - only a little bit of weakness that bothers me (like not being able to put my own foot in the car yet) but the Great Dr. A says that this will continue to get stronger.

However, when I was in the doc's office - I asked if he would look at my foot 'cause it had been hurting a bunch and I didn't know if I'd strained it or what. He was concerned about a stress fracture - 'cause I had been told in college that I had one and that it "might happen again and again through life." And it has - bothered me a little, but I always knew to wrap it and it would get better. Turns out, I didn't so much have a fracture - as I do have an extra bone! I asked if this mutant tendency would give me HEROES status - but he said no.

I decided that this must be the only reason I could do THIS:

In other knitting - I've been working on socks, dyeing (but haven't updated the shop yet) and I did a couple of scarves for the Red Scarf Project.

I used the new Berroco Comfort yarn for these - and they are the softest things in the world! I'm amazed by this yarn.

Now, I'm off to knit some more...


Blogger Nicole said...

Hey Liz,

Glad you hip is healing well. Your entrelac scarf looks AMAZING! Way to go!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Truly spectacular Lady Eleanor!!! Even if you are a freak - he he.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home