I Need Another Skein

The True Tale of a Novice Texas Knitter who admits to loving yarn more than she loves knitting...

Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Monday, October 15, 2007

Middle-aged Mutant Knitting Woman

So...the good news is that my hip is healing fabulously! Everything right on time - only a little bit of weakness that bothers me (like not being able to put my own foot in the car yet) but the Great Dr. A says that this will continue to get stronger.

However, when I was in the doc's office - I asked if he would look at my foot 'cause it had been hurting a bunch and I didn't know if I'd strained it or what. He was concerned about a stress fracture - 'cause I had been told in college that I had one and that it "might happen again and again through life." And it has - bothered me a little, but I always knew to wrap it and it would get better. Turns out, I didn't so much have a fracture - as I do have an extra bone! I asked if this mutant tendency would give me HEROES status - but he said no.

I decided that this must be the only reason I could do THIS:



In other knitting - I've been working on socks, dyeing (but haven't updated the shop yet) and I did a couple of scarves for the Red Scarf Project.



I used the new Berroco Comfort yarn for these - and they are the softest things in the world! I'm amazed by this yarn.

Now, I'm off to knit some more...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Hey Liz,

Glad you hip is healing well. Your entrelac scarf looks AMAZING! Way to go!

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly spectacular Lady Eleanor!!! Even if you are a freak - he he.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home