I Need Another Skein

The True Tale of a Novice Texas Knitter who admits to loving yarn more than she loves knitting...

Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Day to Dye For...

Had such a blast yesterday with some friends - dyeing yarn for the first time...

We used Easter egg dyes and tye-dye dyes...I had bunches of yarns to dye - and forgot one big skein that I had bought for this purpose...oh well, enough for next time!

The one on the left is Henry's Attic 2-ply wool - using tye-dye dyes. I loved the colors when they were wet - but when they faded upon rinsing - not so much.

The middle ones were some random 90% Angora skeins dyed with Easter Egg dye - used blues, greens and purples - and black (mixing all of the tablets into one glass.

Both of those two attempts will probably be re-dyed to see what I can get out of them - especially the angora - if it ever dries.

The one on the right is my favorite. It's the KnitPicks Bare sock yarn - which, unfortunately, is only enough for one sock - but will probably try to do this What Knot scarf with it just to see what it does. On this one, I used the Easter Egg yellows, oranges and reds and love the results - even though I usually hate yellows.

I'm taking a class at Simpatico on the 25th and can't wait to see what all they have in store for us there!

2 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

Way cool! And thanks for the link to the What Knot scarf - that's one I haven't seen before. :)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Knitting Rose said...

I didn't know you hated yellows! LOL - I love them. I think all the yarns are beautiful. You need to name your yarn too!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home