I Need Another Skein

The True Tale of a Novice Texas Knitter who admits to loving yarn more than she loves knitting...

Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Thursday, February 15, 2007

SEX* after work., a Few WIPs and a Haiku

Gee - can that sound any more dirty?? Sex and W(h)ips? I can just see my Mama reading this and having her eyes bug... :)

Anyway...Left work this afternoon and actually had the car with me downtown so I made a quick detour to the Shabby Sheep for a little

Stash Enhancing eXpedition.

These lovely items came home with me...


The lovely Sock yarn is from Madeline Tosh. She's put some things on consignment with the Sheep and they have evidently flown out the door! This was the next to the last skein - and I almost brought both home (different colorways)... but this one is called "Fig and Plum." The other two skeins are Manos del Uruguay - I want to do "My So-called Scarf."

Another addition to the Stash came from winning my DFW Chicks with Sticks group's January Finished Objects Contest. This lovely skein of Socks That Rock "January One" colorway is now safely ensconced in my stash...and I love it!



And now for the Works In Progress...

One finished and one in progress sock - my 2nd real pair - using Regia. They are for a friend at work - she wanted socks for her birthday.

(Lise, tell the Big Texan I'm officially placing a sock blocker order!!)

Also Sock #1 of the Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Fantasy using one of the patternways from Sensational Knitted Socks.


and the Beads of Earth Scarf (from Scarf Style) using Classic Elite Wool BamBoo elicits this Haiku.

Love the yarn and love the beads
Hate Stockinette Stitch
Will I ever finish this?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tasha said...

Love it all!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you will finish it. It will be your mindless knitting project. Take it with you and you'll get it done. When I would knit with mine in public I would get so many oohs and aahs. Its going to be beautiful.

Sue (in Arlington)

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you have been busy - both buying and knitting. Seems like you are knitting at the rate you are buying, so that should work out just fine - LOL!!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Manda said...

Liz, you'll finish the scarf! :) you could always do the other beaded half, then do all the mindless stockinette stitch at S&H or in front of the tv or on the train or whatever. :) I haven't started mine yet - too many other things (*cough*likeJoe'sblanket*cough*) going on.

Love the socks AND the yarn you got! :) (especially that STR. hee hee)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Knitting Rose said...

Liz - you will finish the scarf - mindless - endless knitting.... I told the Big Texan you officially needed sock blockers. I can't wait to see the finished product. That is some pretty yarn. Your Enhancement was well worth the trip. We can dye anytime you want. I am always game.
Hugs to YOU!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home