I Need Another Skein

The True Tale of a Novice Texas Knitter who admits to loving yarn more than she loves knitting...

Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Sunday, January 28, 2007

An old English major CAN do math...

I had a wonderful day yesterday celebrating a friend's birthday - which turned into a mini-LYS crawl with trips to Yarns Ewenique in Fort Worth (back to the scene of the Nephew's visit) where I was able to buy some new Addi Turbo's in Size 1 - 24" for my sock knitting along with a skein of the new ToFUTsies sock yarn from Southwest Trading Company - I think it's the 3 Feet Short colorway.

It's so soft in the skein - and pretty - but a little weird since it has this in it:



After lunch and wine tasting, we headed to Simpatico in Bedford where I bought the yarn that I had wanted to buy the last time. It's Classic Elite's Wool BamBoo - 50% wool, 50% bamboo - to make the Beads of Earth scarf from Scarf Style. I had bought a Rowan wool/silk combination to do this with, but after my friend Becky's results (basically, a beaded tube), I wanted to try something a little different.



Today, I spent the day with an old friend and was able to finish this up:


I had wanted to do the Misti Alpaca Ribs and Ruffles scarf for myself - but didn't like the skinny version - so I did a little adding, a little multiplication, a little division and subtraction - and came up with Casting on 108 stitches - reducing that to 56 and then reducing that to 27 to get to the stitch pattern and have it come out right. I love the width - and 2 skeins made it just perfect!

Now, I'm working on a sock using the Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Multiringel yarn in lovely shades of blue and am beginning to strand the beads for the gray Beads of Earth scarf (using gunmetal colored beads).



Of course, the pup and cat are griping at me for not having an empty lap for them to hop into - it is always covered up with yarn and sticks...sometimes they just gripe and jump up and lay on it anyway. This was them this weekend - Barton the cat giving me the evil eye and Sabine the pup giving me the sad "you never pay attention to me" look.



2 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Rose said...

You better open that lap at various times for short furbaby breaks! Good job on the knitting. Everything looks so pretty.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

ok, the cat does look evil though I know he's not. And Sabine just looks....PITIFUL. Poor baby - let her in your lap & knit over her like I do with my kitty.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home